At the March 5th MHVLUG meeting we will hold an informal key signing party.
What to Do
- Sign up for key signing here - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yoKTls6z3NGR4wSItLYXmCeYkUhX1ZujCweDbkjjMvw/viewform
- Must Sign up by 12 noon on Wed March 5th to participate
What to bring:
- Photo ID: Passport or Drivers License
- Pen / Pencil: To mark papers after you have verfied people's identities and keys
At The Event
- Everyone will get a copy of the grand list with everyone's keys on it
- Check that your key is correct
- We have each person read out their key and have everyone check that it's the correct value on their paper sheet
- Each person will then confirm their identity with each other (showing Photo Id) 1 on 1
What you will need to do after the key signing event:
When you go back home to your computer, sign all the keys, and send them to their owners, or to the keyserver.
If you are on Debian/Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install signing-party
And use the caff tool to do this easily.
Key-signing party => http://cryptnet.net/fdp/
Creating the perfict key pair => https://alexcabal.com/
Best practices guide => https://we.riseup.net/